Many thousands of G&M Tex generators operate around the world, providing reliable AC power in diverse environments and numerous applications. Clients include Al Masaood, Australian Navy, BAE Systems, Bovis, Cummins, Greek Navy, Hewlett Packard, Imtech Inviron, Irish Navy, KNPC, National Grid UK, NHS, Orano, Royal Navy, Siemens, UK Government and US Navy.
G&M Tex supply all marine vessels including superyachts and some of the most iconic warships currently in service, and design and manufacture bespoke generators for offshore environments such as floating docks, oil and gas platforms, and windfarms.
World-renowned supplier of critical backup power systems, G&M Tex supply utility companies, data centres, major airports, government agencies, sports stadia and the healthcare industry.
Industry-leading experts in generator spares and servicing, G&M Tex design and manufacture bespoke generator accessories such as acoustic housing, are partnered with major worldwide engine manufacturers to ensure reliable procurement, and hold stock of mechanical and electrical components.
More than 80 Years of AC Power Generation
G&M Tex has over 80 years’ experience in the design, manufacture, testing, installation and commissioning of AC power generation equipment.
- 1938 The Green Ace Motor Company was incorporated. During the 1980’s G & M was recognised as the leading UK manufacturer of Marine Diesel Generators competing directly with the USA’s Onan brand. The Company at this time was registered as G & M Power Plant Ltd.
- 2002 Countryman Power Ltd, a leading land based generator manufacturer, was acquired to expand the business.
- 2015 The business and assets of G & M Power Plant Ltd were acquired by TEX Holdings PLC in August 2015 and G&M Tex was incorporated into the Tex Group as a division of Eurotex International.
- Engineering and technical excellence
- A commitment to quality
- Practical, cost-effective solutions
- Reliability and durability
- Exceptional aftersales support including servicing and spares
G&M Tex are geared towards bespoke, optimised design and innovative solutions and are self-sufficient in mechanical and electrical design, supplying clients with various CAD visuals, drawings and schematics.
- General arrangement and installation drawings
- Base frames and AVM’s
- Attenuation and acoustic enclosures/containers
- d-SMART control and monitoring systems
- Exhaust, fuel, lubrication and cooling systems
- Integral fuel tanks
- Parasitic loads
- Synchronising controls and switchboards
- Wiring schematics
- Engineering, fabrication and paint shop
- Mechanical and electrical assembly
- 5 tonnes per piece fabrication capacity
- Test capability to 4500kwe (5625kVA)
- Enhanced test equipment for variable speed generators
- Testing for diesel electric propulsion generators
- Sufficient air flow for testing radiator cooled sets >1.5mVA
- 40 tonnes handling capacity
- Test capability for natural gas and dual fuel engines
G&M is not tied to any specific brands and therefore has experience with a wide range of engines and various alternators, air and water cooled.
- CGT Stamford
- Leroy Somer
- Marelli Motori
- Mecc Alte
Branding flexibility allows G&M Tex to offer choices which are not always available from mainstream manufacturers:
- Commonality with existing equipment
- Reflecting local support conditions
- Combinations to suit requirements
- Air flows & acoustic values
- Engine cylinder configurations
- Weight consideration
- Dimensional constraints
- Emission parameters
- Torsional and vibration factors
- Heat rejection performance
- Prevailing ambient conditions
Control, monitoring and reporting on all the essential generator functions:
- Harbour Mode (safety enabled) and Emergency Mode (safety disabled)
- Full capability to interface with CanBus enabled prime movers
- Performance history logging
- Fault diagnostics
- Intuitive engine interrogation
- LCD scrolling screen displays
- RS232/RS485 protocols including ModBus
- Ethernet capability over secure networks
A skilled team of experienced welders coded to BS EN 9606-1, working with both sectional pieces and flat sheet in MIG, TIG, brazing and plasma cutting, including all types of fabrications in various metals including carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminium and brass/bronze. Fuel tanks are pressure tested in accordance with BS799 Pt5 2010 and all carbon steel is shot blasted to ISO8505-1 before fabrication.
Complete capability covering preparation, painting and finishing of all components, including a variety of techniques and coatings. Meeting stringent requirements including military specifications, Awlgrip Super Yacht finishing and EN ISO12944 offshore specifications.
Control panels are assembled in-house by experienced and qualified panel builders using internally produced designs and wiring schematics. IP65 components are used as appropriate to ensure suitability of purpose.
Standards, Inspection and Testing
G&M Tex is an ISO9001:2008 and ISO14001 BSI accredited company and all procedures and the testing of engines, alternators and control systems are carried out in accordance with those accreditations. G&M Tex are formally recommended for the design, sale, manufacture, test, installation and service of power generation equipment for marine, industrial and military applications, and the design, manufacture, installation and servicing of auxiliary engine driven electrical generating sets and associated control systems for marine, military and industrial applications.
Generators are designed, built and tested to the following standards:
- American Bureau of Shipping (ABS)
- Bureau Veritas (BV)
- China Classification Society (CCS)
- Det Norske Veritas (DNV)
- Germanischer Lloyds (GL)
- Hellenic Register of Shipping (HRS)
- Italian Register of Shipping (RINA)
- Korean Register of Shipping (KRS)
- Lloyds Register of Shipping (LR)
- Military and commercial standards
- MoD (UK) Defence Standards (DEFSTAN)
- NATO Standards (NATO)
- NHS Trust HTM requirements
- Russian Register of Shipping (RRS)
- US Military Specifications (MILSPEC)
- WIMES/National Grid applications
Testing and presentation of witness tests meet various requirements, and tests can be carried out at unity and lagging power factor loads including complete transient load test analysis and results when necessary. G&M Tex are members of the British Marine Federation and abide by its code of practice, and are fully registered as a supplier on the Utilities Vendor Database for a full range of product/service categories.
In-house test facilities:
- Resistive/reactive load banks to 2.5mVA (2000kWe)
- 380V to 690V capability
- 50Hz or 60Hz frequencies
- Vibration/accelerometer testing
- Various engine cooling configurations are catered for including radiator cooled, keel or box cooled via custom made test rigs, and heat exchanger cooled via water tank and cooling towers
- HV testing, EMC analysis and shock testing are also available for military, commercial and seismic considerations